Image c/o Lost-Media.com
I'm not a Star Wars fan. Sorry, just not. So I have no idea what "Hoth" means. Does it have anything to do with Star Wars? If not, what does it mean?
I absolutely love it that this was a Miles epi. I love Miles and all his snarkiness. I had speculated that Miles might be the baby of Dr. Chang and his wife a while back, but it was good to get it confirmed. I don't think Dr. Chang sent them off the island for evil dead-beat-dad reasons, however. We know something serious is coming, and I think he's trying to protect them. (Insert Jaws music)
- For the love of gawd, who thought up "the circle of trust"? Can anyone say Meet the Parents? I couldn't take that seriously.
- The dead dude. What's up with his tooth filling (my teeth hurt while writing this)? Someone 'splain. And I truly feel like I've seen that guy before, but it might just be all the dirty hippies I've known (and dated) in my life.
- Why would Dr. Chang want the body brought to the Orchid Station? We know that the Orchid has interesting electromagnetic energy, but how could the station help the dead dude? Or was it just the closest burial ground?
- I paused the TV to see what was on Hurley's notebook, but I couldn't figure it out. Today, I found a screencap that shows it's a few books with an apple on top. It's just for school use, I guess. And I totally want one.
- Since I know nothing about Star Wars, I'm going to skip over all of those references. Feel free to explain them to me.
- We know that Ilana posed as a bounty hunter to Sayid. And now Hurley brings it up for his screenplay. Connection? Speaking of Ilana--her buddy Bram back on the Alcatraz island appears to be part of a greater storyline. The 316ers are TOTALLY not there by accident.
- Alvarez was thinking about Veronica when he was shot. Who killed him? Why? (Love it that Miles Deadspeaker can give us this info).
- So Naomi finds Miles while he's using his funny vacuum ghostbuster thing. We now know how Miles was lured to the island--to find his dead father and "speak" to him? And $1.6 million makes total sense when we think about Miles asking Ben for $3.2 million (doubling the money)--which was such a total mystery back when Locke had Ben locked in the basement. I love it when puzzle pieces come together.
- Once again, we get a reference to Widmore and the mysterious folder showing empty graves and a receipt for a plane--the one at the bottom of the ocean. When will we find out who really did that?
- I loved watching the numbers be punched into hatch door. I could feel Hurley's pain.
- Poor Miles with his daddy issues. I'm having trouble at this point thinking of a single Lost character who doesn't have daddy issues. What's up with the daddies?
- Jack is seen erasing the blackboard that is covered with Egyptian lessons. Interesting...
- I'm happy that Sawyer went back to calling Jack "doc." It's a friendly title, and it shows respect. Sawyer seem to have worked out a lot of his own issues, which makes me want to MAKE OUT WITH HIM.
- Kate is so annoying. Loose lips sink ships. Why can't she keep her mouth shut about all of the secrets? She was a great secret keeper in her own life, but she's totally blowing it with Oceanic 6/Dharma. She tells EVERYTHING.
- And so our next great question: Why has Daniel been in Ann Arbor with the Dharma scientists? What has he learned, and what can he share?