Lately, my entire life seems to be in a holding pattern. I'm circling and circling, waiting to land. Last summer, that exact same type of plant you see above (a mandevilla) spit out hundreds of gorgeous, pink flowers. This year? Nothing. That is the story with many of the beautiful plants I purchased and nurtured this spring. It's TOO HOT in Iowa for the plants. They are stressed. They can't handle it. So they are all refusing to bloom.
It's the same with the rest of my life. I feel like I'm *stuck* right now. My body is refusing to listen to my brain. My irrational emotions conflict with my rational thoughts. I know certain things to be true, but I feel the exact opposite. No likie. The heat doesn't help.
It's interesting to me that excessive heat for long amounts of time can morph me into Evil Blondie. I'm SO TIRED of being HOT. I want to play outside. I want to go fishing. I want to lie in the yard swing and read a book. But because I am a delicate redhead, the minute I step outside, I go into Meltdown Mode. My glasses fog over. My camera lens fogs over. I immediately begin sweating in an ugly way. Every part of my being screams to run back inside where it's cool. I. Hate. It.
Being stuck inside has made me start twitching about all kinds things:
- Why are there so many stupid people in the world?
- Why are there so many bills on my table?
- When is Webster going to stop horking up his sister's hair?
- When am I going to get a new staircase?
- Where is that guy I'm supposed to meet who is going to make life grand?
- Is that mole skin cancer?
- Why is my ear whoosh so much louder in the summer? (Oh yeah, because I'M HOT!)
- Why can't I have a Magic Fairy that will come over here and clean my house from top to bottom?
- Do I really have to take out the garbage AGAIN?
- Why isn't life fair?
I don't even have the energy to remind myself of the good things in my life right now. That's how crabby I am. Oh well. I can't be all sunshine and roses all the time. Right? RIGHT!?